“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”
– Lao Tzu
Hello, Hello, beautiful Beings of Light! Today I wanted to sit down and just write about being human. My days have seriously been flying by and by, and lately I feel like I can barely take a deep, fulfilling breath before having to fly through yet another day.
But in all the flying around (in my head that is), I have managed to stay alive. Here are my ramblings on Life lately.
* I have been in and out of doctor visits following my crazy realization that I needed to switch some attention to my physical body. You can read about it here. It has been a whirlwind!
* All four of my wisdom teeth are scheduled to come out end of March. One of those teeth is growing into my jaw. Ouch. The pain comes off and on…nothing serious, but enough to finally get me to schedule that appointment.
* After tests and ultrasounds, I confirmed the expected – my gallbladder decided to make some precious stones of its own (four to be exact), which caused that pain every time I ate something fatty. Darn you, gallstones.
* The surgery to remove my gallbladder is completely up to me. Thanks, Doc. And it is going to cost about 30K. Thanks, Doc? I almost wish I didn’t have a choice, but whatever. My body is worth all the pennies in the world, plus some. I already weighed my options and researched and feel like the surgery needs to happen. Maybe not now, but definitely in the near future.
* My surgery is scheduled to happen two days after my wisdom teeth come out. What?! Geeze, can I catch a break? But in all seriousness, I am going to reschedule for later this year because there is no way I am letting these two happen at the same time. Just. No.
* Health insurances are so sneaky and a nightmare to understand. My dental out-of-pocket is not bad. But I am yet to find out how much the other surgery will bite my wallet. We will see. Le’sigh.
* All of the above has been insisting on draining my brain. And perhaps it does while trying to figure out my next steps, but I am too carefree to dwell on it. The feeling comes in waves…
* I still love every second of my life. How can I not? God is good.
* All of the above is why my outdoor adventures have been extra delicious and fulfilling. Yum =)
* I am being extra careful with the things that I eat, as well as working on building my exercise routines again. It feels kinda great! I’ve been keeping that pain at bay so far. Take that, gallstones!
* One of my beautiful sorority sisters is tying the knot in March in Hawaii. It felt so good to see all my pledge sisters come together at her bridal shower last week. I realized how much I missed them…
* My boyfriend and I will be flying together for the first time ever! To Hawaii we go! I am STOKED! He will also be celebrating a birthday out there.
* My mail was ransacked earlier this week by who-knows-who. Ripped open were my W2 Forms and medical bills. I was immediately overwhelmed with disbelief, anger, then with eh whatevers. All I can do is take the necessary precautions that I know of, monitor my credit, and everything else is none of my business.
* I wasn’t exactly angry that my mail was ripped open and that I was now at risk of identity theft. No. I was angry because I was reminded how this society works and why I should care that my mail was opened. We are nothing but a number in this society. A number walking around. A number (SSN) that is flagged with yet another number (Credit Score), which determines whether or not you can purchase a home you cannot afford. Or a car. Or whatever else you need – no, forced – to take out a loan for. But when you need these governmentals to quickly help you, they cannot be reached. It is a never-ending loophole of calls.
* Yesterday I met with someone regarding a fun partnership. 99.99% of the time I drive. This was not one of those days. A work meeting ran late. I underestimated the distance I had to walk to meet this gal. I almost had to run so that I wouldn’t be too late. Dropped my jacket somewhere. Ran back to find it. By the time I arrived, I was a sweaty mess. Talk about first impressions. Le’sigh.
But hey, in all this I’ll continue to learn! …And take care of myself to the best of my ability. I mainly just wanted to relieve my brain. We may not be able to control everything that happens in our Life, but we do have 100% control over how we react to those things.
I will not feed negative emotions because in reality no problem can ever be solved by staying on the same level of frequency it was created. We have to rise above. We have to be a Lotus.
I guess all I am trying to say is despite the stones (literally, haha!) life is throwing at me, what gives?! I will keep dodging them if I can. It’s hard not to continue to feel grateful for all that surrounds me. I mean…this weather?! Winter has been so great to us, and I am able to continue my exploring without having to worry about driving in snow. Both my kitties are well and healthy after our last scare. I love my family. I still laugh. I still feel joy. I am still alive. I am still Living. I am still human.
We fall, but our souls are flying.
How are YOU? I trust that the Universe continues to respond to your positive vibrational attitude, and that you have the courage and determination to climb any mountain in front of you – physically and metaphorically.
Life’s a beach, Beautiful Friends! Even when it’s grey and cold. Go play in it!
Love & Light,
The very fashionable Hector over at Geek Q nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you, Hector, for the thoughtful gesture and nomination!
If anyone follows men’s fashion or knows friends who would be inspired by Geek Q, share along =) I have no doubt he is one of the most fashionable guys on the block, and he is located here in Seattle!
Rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add their link to your blog
- List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers.
- Contact your nominees and give a link to your post.
- Display the award logo (button) on your blog, whether on your sidebar, About page, or Special Award page.
But since I am a total rule breaker I wanted to say that, truthfully, you reading today, right now, is the biggest reward for me. I will happily nominate 5 other bloggers whose story and writing inspires me, but don’t feel obligated to continue the trail. You are loved either way! =)
7 Things About Myself —
- My mind always goes blank when I have to talk about myself. Yup, right now.
- I have a heart of a visual artist. I love anything crafts, DIY, photography, and drawing/painting. I love a blank canvas that is ready to get covered in colorful goodness.
- I like to celebrate significant birthdays with something exhilarating (& sober). Like the time I turned 21 and celebrated by jumping off a plane. Or the time I turned 25 and jumped off a mountain. Or the time I turned 26 trying to break the tradition bc it wasn’t a significant birthday, and I totally chickened out of bungee jumping while already standing on the bridge. How will I celebrate the big 3-0 in a few years? Hmmm…
- I have terrible eyesight. Once upon a time, Dad told me I shouldn’t stare at the sun. I did. This childhood decision may or may not be the cause. Lol.
- I like to collect random little trinkets and toys. Anything cute!
- I am a rock hoarder. I love rocks. And any other beach treasure is also fair game. Sea glass, seashells, sand! Haha. My eyes are constantly glued to the ground.
- The Moon takes my breath away. A lot. She is the most beautiful thing ‘floating in our sky’.
Five blogs that inspire me (in no particular order) and could easily hold Most Inspiring Blogger Award are:
- Tiny House Travelers – Simple living. I live through them.
- Vincent Lewis Experience – I love reading the collection of human stories he’s gathered. Looking fwd to watching more stories unfold =)
- Roaming With Ruth – The fact that she dropped her job to travel for several months is awesome! Love reading about all her adventures.
- Forever Stoked – From Hawaii to the PNW, Leslie is one of the sweetest gals in the blogsphere! Endless inspiration and adventures!
- Adventure to Anywhere – Another sweet gal on the blogsphere! Ashley’s travel tips, experiences, and overall life insights are so refreshing.
But really, I follow a lot of blogs because they inspire me in one way or another. Check out the list of blogs I follow =) They are equally deserving of any and all awards!
Thank you all for stopping by <3
Know an adventurer that would love this post? Don’t be shy to share!
And of course, do comment below to let me know your opinions or simply share stories. If you have any suggestions or would love to see other content on Of Wildest Heart, let me know!
Want to see more photos, recent travel updates, and inspiration? Check out my Instagram! Interested in working with me, or simply want to meet? Email me at ofwildestheart[at]gmail.com
Stay curious, wild hearts!