Relax. You’re on lake time.
Imagine waking up to views of mountains, pine trees, and a hint of fog kissing a lake. Sprinkle some powdered sugar to the mix, and you’d have the perfect ingredients for a weekend full of zen. Such was the case when we spent a weekend in the mountains of Leavenworth, near Lake Wenatchee.
As you may know by now, I’m a sucker for beautiful views and great adventure. So when our friends over at the Lakeview Retreat – Leavenworth invited us to stay the weekend, we were excited to see what their little corner of mountain heaven had to offer.
It was all sort of last minute, but who makes plans anyways? :) We fell in love! We arrived on a Friday night, but the morning brought us a pleasant view right outside our windows…
Cooking breakfast never looked so beautiful.
This Airbnb had it all! From a well-stocked kitchen to grooving with Alexa (we were so entertained by her).
After eating breakfast, we hung out for a while before heading down to Lake Wenatchee.
I had always wanted to visit Lake Wenatchee, especially during winter. So, I was stoked to finally make that happen! :)
Just a short drive down the hill…
So, we headed back to get cozy once again…
Part of the charm to this Airbnb is that you would have to try really, really hard if you wanted to get bored. There were lots of books, a ton of board games, yoga mats…even toys.
And how adorable is this popcorn maker?
After dinner, we played Cards Against Humanity and drank wine for the rest of the night…Our last day was spent lounging around so that we could soak the last bit of this place. We had no idea a storm was brewing in the mountains…
Another added charm was that travel was a big theme around the house. There were trinkets and cups and even kitchen condiments from all over the world. LOVED.
Below are all the details, final thoughts, and tips if you ever choose to visit this corner of the Pacific Northwest. Enjoy!
Love and Adventure,
Final thoughts / tips when you visit:
- This home was so much bigger and so much nicer than we anticipated.
- Bring your wolf pack, and share the space.
- Everything, and I mean everything, in the home was very well labeled and noted with instructions.
- Perfect for stay + outdoor activities in the area
- But if you chose to be a home-body, there is lots to keep you entertained — big book collection, lots of board games, plenty toys for kids, and a great view! I’m pretty sure I even saw a doggy enclosure under all that snow.
- Great deck! And the cutest BBQ grill :)
- Lots of windows and natural light.
- Lake Wenatchee State Park is right down the hill. Huge plus in my book!
- Downtown Leavenworth is about a 25-minute drive.
- This is a quiet neighborhood. Come to relax and enjoy the outdoors; leave the parties in the city.
- Visiting during winter? All-wheel drive is most definitely advised. This is a residential area that can quickly be covered in snow. The driveway to the house is a short but steep one.
- Would I come back? Yes! It’d be a great family retreat, and I’d love to experience spring/summer here.
Disclaimer: This post is in collaboration with the Lakeview Retreat, who sponsored our stay. All opinions are my own.
Know an adventurer that would love this post? Don’t be shy to share!
And of course, comment below to let me know your opinions or simply share stories. If you have any suggestions or would love to see other content on Of Wildest Heart, let me know!
Want to see more photos, recent travel updates, and inspiration? Check out my Instagram! Interested in working with me, or simply want to meet? Email me at ofwildestheart[at]gmail.com
Stay curious, wild hearts!